Craving chocolate but not the extra sugar? A simple, chocolate bark recipe includes all-natural honey and peppermint extract for flavor without the empty calories. After you make your bark, break it up and serve for a tasty snack that allows you to enjoy the holiday season. It’s a great substitute for traditional holiday candies.
● 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
● 1/4 cup coconut oil
● 1/4 cup honey
● 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
● Optional: crushed peppermints, sea salt, coconut flakes, nuts for toppings
Cooking Time: 2 Hours
Recipe Serves: 12
1. Place the unsweetened chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler on medium-high heat. While the chocolate and coconut oil is melting, get an 8×8 dish and line with parchment paper.
2. Let heat until all of the chocolate and coconut oil is melted and mix gently with a spoon. Turn off the heat, then add the honey and mix thoroughly to combine.
3. Add the peppermint extract and mix.
4. Pour mixture into the dish and freeze for about 10 minutes. Then pull the chocolate out of the freezer to add toppings. The chocolate should be slightly harder but still melted enough to hold the toppings.
5. Put the chocolate back in the freezer and allow to freeze for about 1-2 hours until it is hard.
6. Break apart into smaller pieces and ENJOY!